It’s week 11 and next week is Thanksgiving. Also, most trade deadlines coincide with Thanksgiving, so we’ll be focusing on the postseason buy and sell schedule. Don’t forget, the 101st article helps you understand the weather, trade decisions and lineups, plus this week’s fun rankings (and reader suggestions) for the best TV and movie bullies.
*** Oh! And, we may have found a solution to the ranking widget problem by using Fantasy Nation (via Football Diehards). All three scores work and can be edited by me (unlike before), and the widget will allow you to scroll on Android (browser) without using two fingers! yeah! ***
Waivers | True SOS (APA – Updated Wednesday)
Fantasy Football 101 (Starts, Sits, Trades, etc.)
All in Football (Video Podcast)
2022 Week 11 Fantasy Football Sleepers
🚨Attention🚨 These are sleepers. They won’t copy my rankings 100%. This is chasing gains, and often comes with more risk.
Likely starter: Daniel Jones, NYG — Jones is back after his QB13 end, for a better matchup this week. Jones didn’t run as much as he did in Weeks 3, 4 and 7, but he threw for two touchdowns for the third time. The Lions have one of the best matchups you can find, with five quarterbacks scoring 24.7+ and five quarterbacks throwing for two or more touchdowns. The Lions also allowed quarterbacks to rush for more than 40 yards four times, including a Week 10 banana by Justin Fields.
Likely starter: Brian Robinson, WSH – While Antonio Gibson appears to be reborn in this timeshare role, don’t overlook Robinson’s potential Week 10 reprise. The game wasn’t favorable for the Eagles, but Robinson fought his way to the end zone. He didn’t have to play much this week, as the Texans allowed the most FPPG with a league-high 1,407 yards (the next closest was 1,228) and 13 rushing touchdown rushing returns.
Hail Mary begins: Cordarrelle Patterson and Tyler Allgeier, ATL – 38 total rushing yards in Week 10 – Considering Allgeier’s -17 catches for 23 total yards – it might be hard to start one or both of those. Fortunately, the Bears struggled to get running backs out of the end zone while allowing 12 rushing touchdowns, including three multi-rush runs.
Possible starting point: Courtland Sutton, DEN — Even if Jerry Judy is available this week, Sutton could be worth a shot given how thin receivers are due to byes and injuries. This Russell Wilson-led offense looks ugly, but the Raiders have a cure. Sutton and Jeudy both scored against them in Week 4, and the Raiders have scored 10 double-digit outside points and eight touchdowns this year, including having Matt Ryan stand out in his return.
Likely starter: Josh Palmer, LAC — The Chiefs have allowed double-digit scoring to the quarter in every game outside of the Malik Willis Titans game, with teammates scoring more than 10 fantasy points in four games. Palmer is back in the game, as DeAndre Carter was here last week, but Carter’s advantage depends on whether Keenan Allen returns. Either way, Palmer can start.
Long live the start: DJ Moore, CAR — As mentioned in this week’s waiver concerns, Moore may be toasting Baker Mayfield’s return, but that’s why he’s playing a Hail Mary now. The Ravens have been playing better lately, but every receiver with 9 or more targets against the Ravens has at least 8.5 fantasy points, an average of 11.8 targets, 114 yards and 4 total touchdowns (and 18.0 FPPG ). Of course, that depends on Mayfield not looking like an idiot.
Hail Mary Begins: Greg Dulcich, DEN — Back to the Broncos, I know it’s hard to trust more than one person/team. The Raiders didn’t give up much, but Gerald Everett, Zach Ertz and Travis Kelsey all played well…especially Kelsey (30.0 Minute). The rest of the opponents were mediocre, but Jeff Swim, Jordan Akins, Tyson Hill and Karen Granson all scored 7.7+ points. Dulcich had a disappointing last week, but he has 21 targets in four games, 17 of them 12-182-1, and 30.2 points through his first three games.
best bullies in film and tv
Thanks to @_jds_jds for this idea. I joked that Rachaad White took Qandree Diggs’ lunch money in Germany and he responded by asking for the top TV/movie bully ever. Of course, it’s very gratifying to see bullies get their due, but let’s knock that all out (pun intended).
- Biff Tannen, Back to the Future — When you think of “bully,” there’s probably no character that comes to mind more than Biff.
- Vegeta, Dragon Ball Z — Before redeeming himself by sacrificing his life (spoiler) against Majin Buu, Vegeta was the original bully of the Dragon Ball Z characters, and even when he occasionally teamed up with them, he still bullied them, seemingly turning things around in the Cell saga, Then let his jealousy take control of him again. Arguably the best DBZ (and Super) character.
- Johnny Lawrence, The Karate Kid — Honestly, you could argue that John Kreese is the real bully mastermind – especially when you’ve seen Cobra Kai – but Lawrence is a classic 80’s movie bully with a team and everything.
- Deebo, Friday — Most imposing bully ever? Grab the chain and bike.
- nelson muntz, the simpsons — both cute and hateful.
- joffrey baratheon, game of thrones — Is there another bully with more impact during a shorter reign and certainly a more famous death?
- Eric Cartman, South Park — Few people are better at being bully, friend, funny, and obnoxious than Cartman.
- shooter mcgavin, happy gilmore — I mean, this man ate $#@% for breakfast!
- Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter – even his face screams bully.
- Roger Klotz, Doug — By the way, Roger is 45 years old now. He’s been left at school multiple times, is older than Doug and his friends, and enjoys being the town’s bully. This guy would pop up on Doug and tell him he sucks or torture him.
- Flash Thompson, Spider-Man stuff – constantly hated and bullied Peter Parker, but like some on this list, he later redeemed himself by befriending Peter after discovering he was Spider-Man and Agent Venom.
- Fred O’Bannion, dazed and confused —the paddle. that’s it.
- Mean Girls Regina George — such a horrible character, you don’t even feel sorry for her after the revenge.
- White Goodman, Dodgeball — many GIFs are still in use (touche, keep kidding me Mr. Jokey, there are many more, including…)
- Ace Merrill, Ms. Support – Tried to kill a child. I mean…
- Angelica Kimchi, Little Rascal – She does most of the adventures, but Angelica is also an obnoxious bully to the other little rascals, partly because she’s the oldest and partly because she has the worse voice.
- gentlemen.burns, the simpsons — Wealthy tormentors who tormented power plant employees and sometimes the entire city of Springfield.
- pete stupid thing — later became Goofy’s friend in the Goofy movies, but became Goofy’s intimidator and Christmas ghost in Disney’s A Christmas Carol.
- Candice Flynn Phineas and Ferb — I’ve never watched the show, but the fiancé wants her to be in the top 20.
- Odoyles, Billy Madison — Generations of bullies all taken away in a random car accident.
As the trade deadline approaches, I’ll list some of the best and worst SOS of the playoffs (only)
- Jimmy Garoppolo, quarterback, small forward — Fourth place: SEA, WSH, LV
- lamar jackson, qb, ball — Sixth place: CLE, ATL, PIT
- Derrick Henry, RB, 10 — First place: LAC, HOLD, DROP
- Alvin Kamara, RB, NO — Second place: ATL, CLE, PHI
- Leonard Fournette, RB, TB — Third place: CIN, ARI, CAR
- George Pickens and Diontae Johnson, WR, PIT — Second place: CAR, LV, BAL
- Chris Olave (and maybe others), WR, NO — fifth
- Greg Dulcich, TE, DEN — Third place: ARI, LAR, KC
- Pat Freiermuth, TE, PIT – fourth
- Tua Tagovailoa, QB, MIA — No. 30: BUF, GB, NE
- Joe Burrow, QB, CIN — No. 27: TB, NE, BUF
- Josh Jacobs, RB, LV — No. 32: NE, PIT, SF
- Joe Mixon, RB, CIN — 30 days
- Allen Robinson, WR, LAR — No. 32: GB, DEN, LAC
- Christian Kirk, WR, JAX — 28th: DAL, NYJ, HOLD
- David Njoku, TE, CLE — 30 days: BAL, NO, WSH
- Dallas Goedert, TE, PHI — 28th: CHI, DAL, NO
Week 11 Fantasy Football Predictions
🚨 Be careful 🚨 These may differ from my rankings and my ranks is the order in which I start the players Outside of additional context, e.g. “Need for maximum benefit, even at risk”.Additionally, based on 4 TD with QB, 6 breaks and half PPR
Added download link on Thursday
***these are no Updated on Sunday morning for reference only ***
Week 11 Fantasy Football Rankings
🚨 Be careful 🚨
- We found a solution to the ranking widget problem by using Fantasy Nation (via Football Diehards). All three scores work and can be edited by me (unlike before), and the widget will allow you to scroll on Android (browser) without using two fingers! yeah!
- There are regular updates, so keep checking back for lineup locks.
(Photo by Cooper Neal/Getty Images)